I insisted on not wasting the plant and looked up ways to use the leaf.. and this is how you do it.
- Peel of the leaves individually after cooked
- Put your favorite dipping sauce on a small plate (I used spicy mexican sauce.. durr)
- Grab the pointy end of the leaf (which is the part you can't eat) and dip the base of the leaf in the sauce
- Use your teeth to scrape the top layer (which is the part you CAN eat)
- Usually you can bite off the base of the leaf while you are at it
It's like dipping chips but healthier and FUN