3/25/2011

‎"Traveling is like flirting with life. It's like saying, 'I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station"

I might have learned more being my sister's hostess through Italy than even my sister did this week!!  Not only did I save a lot of attractions to do and see for when she was here... I haven't had 24 hours in my day at a time to explore this wonderful nation.  This spring break has given me an opportunity to explore from dusk till dawn.  Getting lost in the northern part in Villa Borghese, in the southern part near Testaccio, the western part of Vatican City, and the eastern part at Piazza Della Republica. Hitting up big central touristy areas of the Coliseum and Vittoriano, and locally recommended areas like the Orange Garden with a view over Rome from heaven, and the English graveyard. Cappuccini, gelati, pizze, paste, fresh veggies, and vino buono.  Dancing at discos with my closest friends and making deep, solid, real, and meaningful connections with new people. Playing frisbee on cloudless high 68 degree days and getting even slightly burnt (even after applying 70 sunscreen). Just wish it would never end. Couple days of recovery ahead.  And some extra time to get my mind right for two strong months of school, running, and living like an Italian.

No comments:

Post a Comment